Changing Accountants



Changing Accountants Is an easy process
If after meeting us you decide to change accountants
(and we are confident you will ) 

You only need sign two documents


1. Form 64-8. 
This informs H M Revenue & Customs that you have authorised a new agent to act on your behalf when dealing with them in the future.

2. A letter of engagement. 
The letter of engagement is a standard agreement explaining what we are responsible for and what you are responsible for.
Salter-McLean and your outgoing advisors will between them deal with the professional formalities on your behalf. It is worth pointing out at this point, other than in very rare situations, NO FEE'S will be charged to you by the old accountant or us for changing accountants.
In most cases a short letter from you to your old accountant explaining we will now be dealing with your affairs helps make the transition smoother. If appropriate, you may wish to take this opportunity to thank them for their help in the past.
If you would like to discuss changing accountants contact us today.

Telephone    01634 361366 and ask for David or Jeanette